COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
Describe the properties of asbestos in terms of the risks to and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risk to those who smoke
Suitable for candidates who may work in buildings where asbestos containing materials may be present. Trainees will be made aware of the properties of asbestos, where it has been used in buildings and when it may present a risk.
- Outline the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) can be typically found within buildings and in plant
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating boards, asbestos cement and other ACMs
- Describe the risks of fibre release from ACMs
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work
- Know the procedures to follow if any unintentional contact is made with ACMs and have knowledge of appropriate emergency procedures
- Outline the legislation relating to asbestos
WE ALSO HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE SECTION ON DUTY HOLDERS
This section also includes information on the legislation which places a duty on building managers to protect people from exposure to asbestos and much more.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.