The main dangers associated with the misuse of electrical equipment. Familiarity with common electrical hazards in the workplace. Dos and Dont’s when working with electrical appliances. How to work safely around electricity and avoid electric shocks and fires.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE:
All employees who use electrically powered equipment and tools at work
What is electricity
- Introduces the terms “electrical current, electromotive force and electrical power.”
- Dangers of Electricity
- Considers the risks people take when using electricity at work.
- Safe use of Electrical Equipment
- Explains the methods used to control electricity and reduce the risk to users.
- Electric Shock and First Aid
- Looks at the effects of an electric shock to the body, and shows some basic first aid principles.
- Self Test plus interactive missions
- Also covers basic first aid for dealing with minor electric shock and burns.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.