COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
Equality legislation has helped challenge much discrimination and prejudice, but there are still big equality gaps. Our online course will help you and your staff understand all the various types of discrimination
- Recognise equality issues within the workplace
- Identify discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Challenge their own perceptions of equality and diversity
- Apply discrimination law
- Deal with equality issues individually
- Deal with equality issues within the place of work
WHAT IS EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY?
Equality is about creating a fairer society where everyone can participate and has the same opportunity to fulfil their potential. Equality is backed by legislation designed to address unfair discrimination based on membership of a particular group. A more detailed list is provided in our course but some of the Acts you may be most familiar with are – Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- Equality of outcome
- Compliance with legislation
- ‘Owned’ by experts
- Risk management (of litigation)
Diversity is about recognising that everyone is different in a variety of visible and non-visible ways. It is about creating a culture and practices that recognise, respect and value difference. It is about harnessing this potential to create a productive environment in which the equally diverse needs of the customer/client can be met in a creative environment. It is about generating a workforce who feels valued/ respected and has their potential fully utilised in order to meet organisational goals.
- Recognising difference
- Linking diversity to business goals
- Diversity as ‘mainstream’ vision
- Benefits of diversity are stressed
- Diversity is not an ‘initiative’ or a ‘project’, it is an ongoing core aim and a core process. This is a course for everyone.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.