COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
What is Manual Handling? Assessing the Risks; Reducing the Risks; Handling Techniques; Summary with Skill Check questions throughout, plus our interactive Missions, and self test paper.
Manual Handling is ideal for induction or refresher training for all your staff. Manual Handling comes complete with a FREE to use Risk Assessment Module for compliancy.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the legislation that applies to moving and handling and describe the responsibilities employees and their employers have.
- Understand the risk assessment process.
- Understand the importance of good posture and exercise to back care.
- Explain and use the principals of safe moving and handling.
- Have an awareness of and be able to demonstrate some common moving and handling techniques.
- Have an awareness of your responsibilities for ensuring good maintenance of mechanical aids in the workplace.
- Know and demonstrate approved techniques for moving and handling common objects relevant to your work.
- Be able to safely demonstrate the use of mechanical aids available in your workplace.
Manual Handling is a comprehensive online training module showing correct and incorrect moves and techniques for general day to day lifting. At the end of the course the trainee has the option to do a self risk assessment, which is provided free of charge under the same user licence.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.