COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
The course aims to raise awareness of abuse, help people to recognise signs of abuse and apply the correct reporting procedures, and to prevent abuse wherever possible. Creating a positive environment for children and vulnerable adults, and looking out for their welfare, is everyone’s responsibility.
SOVA Pro course explores the problems that vulnerable adults can face and the steps your staff should take if they have any concerns. The course covers how to respond to problems and provides your staff with practical tips and pointers for maintaining a professional relationship with adults and creating a safe, positive environment for them. The course is fully interactive with ‘mission’ sections to test your new found knowledge, along with a self-assessment test paper.
WHO IS THIS COURSE AIMED AT:
All Care staff working with Vulnerable Adults
The course objectives are:
- To raise awareness of the types of abuse which occur
- How to intervene to protect all vulnerable adults who are potentially and actually at risk
- Understand procedures and guidelines for disclosure
- Understand why we need risk assessment
- Recognise potential or actual abusive situations
- Understand the background legislation and guidance
- Course duration 90 mins
- This course will be invaluable for carers, supervisors, trainers and managers working with older people, and vulnerable adults.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.