COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
This course is aimed at all employees, whether first-time employees, those returning to work, or those who may not have any qualifications. This training is ideal for anyone who needs to take responsibility for their own and others’ safety in the workplace, and for those working in a care environment. This course provides learners with knowledge of the legislation applying to moving and handling people, as well as practical instructions enabling them to carry out related tasks
Covers: Principles of good handling, unsafe techniques, common injuries, regulations, controlling a fall, post-fall action plan, getting up off the floor, using hoists, bed and chair transfers, rolling a patient, walking a patient, sitting up, lateral transfers; this is a comprehensive and fully interactive training course, suitable for NHS use and other healthcare sectors.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the legislation that applies to moving and handling and describe the responsibilities employees and their employers have
- Understand the risk assessment process
- Explain and use the principles of safe moving and handling
- Identify the effects of poor handling on employees
- Understand the importance of good posture and exercise to back care
- Use approved techniques for moving and handling tasks relevant to work
- Safely use mechanical aids available in the workplace
- Explain the importance of promoting mobility and independence
- Describe the causes of pressure sores and how to prevent them
- Patient moving and handling is a comprehensive training module that can be applied as a blended approach to manual handling and people moving within the healthcare sector.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to print your own CPD accredited certificate via your courses home page.