An Asbestos Safety Awareness course aimed at those who may be required to identify, manage or work with asbestos. This will ensure legal compliance and minimise risk of harmful exposure.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Designers, surveyors, planners etc who may be required to assess the possibility of exposure to asbestos. Managers and supervisors responsible for controlling risks and implementing management plans. Also any employee whose work may expose them to asbestos.
To enable delegates to understand:-
- The sources, types and uses of asbestos;
- How asbestos causes ill health, and the damage caused;
- The legal requirements regarding asbestos;
- Where asbestos is likely to be encountered;
- How to manage risks arising from the presence of, and work with, asbestos.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- Appreciate the vast range of past uses and applications of asbestos and asbestos containing products;
- Understand how asbestos fibres cause harm, and the long term effects to health;
- State the general and specific legal requirements relating to asbestos;
- Identify typical locations within a building where asbestos containing materials are likely to be present;
- Implement an asbestos management plan;
- Recognise when there is a need to seek specialist advice.