This course includes practical exercises in general risk assessment as required by Regulation 3, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers and Supervisors who are required to manage safety in compliance with company policy, and health and safety legislation. Also employees who need a practical understanding of risk assessment technique.
To enable delegates to understand:-
- The legal background, and how ‘risk assessment’ based legislation has evolved from earlier prescriptive ‘rule-based’ requirements;
- The difference between ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’;
- Simple ‘risk rating’ techniques, and how risks can vary according to the nature of the site or persons exposed.
- The need to do what is ‘reasonably practicable’.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- Carry out suitable and sufficient risk assessments;
- Select the most suitable and effective control measures;
- Record and summarise assessments effectively, and in an easy to read format.