Rather than simply providing training in investigation techniques, this course is designed to help organisations to effectively manage and control accidents. This will assist in the effective defence against compensation claims, and prevent accidents recurring. Theories on accident causation are covered before detailing legal and internal reporting requirements, claims defence strategy and effective investigation techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is suitable for managers, supervisors etc, who are legally obliged to report accidents and will be involved in subsequent investigation. Also recommended for personnel/human resources employees who may be required to process compensation claims.
To ensure that delegates:-
- Understand how accidents occur, potential results and costs to the business;
- Are familiar with legal requirements for reporting;
- Are able to effectively report and investigate accidents, and reach meaningful conclusions;
- Understand how compensation claims can arise, and how they can be successfully defended;
- Are able to put forward recommendations following the investigation process which will help to prevent recurrence.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- Outline basic theories on accident causation;
- Recognise insurable and non-insurable costs;
- Outline legal requirements regarding reporting, and state what needs to be reported to the Enforcing Authority.
- Conduct an effective investigation and report.
- Recognise when a compensation claim may ensue, and prepare an effective defence strategy.
- Put forward cost effective recommendations which will help prevent recurrence.