This course is designed to enable delegates to identify their corporate legal health and safety responsibilities as well as explore the importance of effective safety leadership. The course focuses on key health and safety legislation including the Corporate Manslaugher and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 which provides for a new offence of corporate manslaugher.
The course is specifically created with senior management and executive level leaders in mind.
- To understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executive.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge, understanding and application of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and its interrelationship with the obligations imposed under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Understand the sentencing powers available to the courts for corporate criminal liability in the field of health and safety.
- Understand the concept of good safety management and why safety management systems are important.
- Help to improve your organisations health and safety culture by ensuring an appropriate contribution from those engaged in governance and management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
CASE LAW AND PRACTICAL EXAMPLES:-
Practical examples of relevant case law will be used throughout the course in order to enable delegates to visualise the concepts being discussed and allow a ‘real world’ measure of the potential business impact.
All delegates receive copies of presentation slides, full course notes and blank assessment forms. On successful completion of the course, a Certificate at Attendance will be awarded by ATG Health and Safety Consultants Ltd.