A basic overview of machinery and work equipment safety covering design, purchasing, installation and use. The course will provide an understanding of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, and an overview of the various types of British and European Standards. It will also help to ensure compliance with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers and Supervisors of areas where machinery and work equipment is used. Engineers and maintenance employees, also those with responsibilities for supplying, purchasing and installing machinery and work equipment.
To ensure that:-
- An awareness of hazards arising from machinery, and the need to consider safety at the design stage;
- An understanding of the development of legislation relating to machinery guarding and other safety requirements;
- An overview of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations and the responsibilities of designers, manufacturers, importers and suppliers;
- An awareness of the various types of British and European Standards and associated documentation.
On successful completion of the course; delegates will be able to:-
- Understand the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment 1998, as they apply to all work equipment and to specific items such as woodwork machinery, power presses, lifting equipment;
- Identify specific hazards arising from machinery and work equipment, and suggest further control measures;
- Recognise when additional specialist assistance is required.