A manual handling course with a difference!! Rather than simply relying on ‘safe’ lifting techniques (which alone may not always be effective), this course will enable delegates to assess the manual handling risks and avoid the potential for injury, thus enabling full compliance with the law.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers and Supervisors, who under the law, are responsible for ensuring manual handling risks are assessed and controlled, also employees who may be at risk and need to adopt safe working practice.
To enable delegates to understand:-
- The potential for injury to arise due to manual handling;
- The legal requirements relating to manual handling operatives;
- The factors which affect the degree of risk;
- The need for effective control measures;
- How to adopt the safest possible lifting technique.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- State the legal requirements relating to manual handling;
- Recognise the main areas of risk, and carry out a suitable assessment;
- Identify effective control measures;
- Adopt the correct ‘kinetic’ lifting technique.